Missing Pieces

Thursday, July 5, 2007

Wow, what a 4th of July.......

It started Tuesday night, Carl my oldest had to work late and since his wife Sirena could not get a hold of him, she had to bring my grandson's to me to watch, till Carl got off, she has to work till 8:00pm. And her sitter closes about 5:30pm. When Carl came in he couldn't hardly walk, he was bent over. I said honey what's wrong, he said my butt hurts so bad. I said well let me take a look, now mind you I have not seen this kids butt since he was 12 LOL. So off to the bathroom we go, I could tell he was embarrassed to show me his butt. I told him, Carl I'm 45 years old and have 5 kids, honey I've seen it all, bring it on. He had this really red raised area at the base of his spine, just as your butt starts. He was running a fever of 101.4 and his joints were hurting. So when his wife came in from work, I told her he needs to go to the hospital, something is really wrong, he had started crying, so I knew he wasn't just being a pain in the ass LOL. So she took him to the hospital, come to find out he had a Pilonidal Cyst, I had googled "butt pain" before the kids called and told Mark I thought this might be what he had, and sure enough. So they lanced it, it was really gross and I guess the smell is just unreal, they packed it and told him to come back Thursday night to get the packing out. So he and Sirena were not able to go out to my brothers for the 4th, but we took Spencer with us, he was so looking forward to going to "Uncle Bill's".......
So on the 4th, we woke to clouds and a very good threat of rain, so we were bummed, but as the day went on it cleared up. We have plans each year to go to my brother-Bill's for the 4th. But it was touch and go to the last minute, because his house is for sale, and he has bought a new one, and they kept pushing back the closing. He had not set up his pool and knew the kids would be so disappointed if they could not swim. So last Saturday, he said the hell with it and set it up, it's a 24 foot round Intex Pool, but the problem isn't setting it up, it's getting the water warm enough to swim in. Well he has a hot-tub that the pump had burned out of and it has a heater, so he took it off the hot-tub and hooked it up to the pool and the water was just perfect for swimming. All the cousins swam all afternoon. We had a cook-out and then everyone loaded up in their cars about 6:00 to go see his new house. He and Nancy bought 6.5 acres and a farmhouse/polebarn it's great. He had already moved his boat, motorcyle, lawn tractor out there, so he gave all the kids a ride on the motorbike. It has a creek running through the woods, just great for kids. Then we all headed back for one last swim before the fireworks. We had never been to Delphi for the fireworks, because it's so hard on Hayden, but this year we thought we would give it a try, and it was fantastic, we were right under the fireworks. And being a small town, it was not crowded at all. We parked over at the highschool. The local fire department puts on the show. I will have pictures later to post of the kids. We didn't get home till 11:00 last night, and I got up at 2:00, so needless to say I'm dog tired tonight....

Today, my sister Kim and her family visited, her son Layton, swam in the pool all day and her hubby Kurt played pc games all day. They are down visiting from Rockford, ILL. They will be here till Sunday, we are planning on a cook-out Sat.
It was nice just sitting out by the pool and just catching up. She trimmed Madison's hair and mine. She also cut Sirena's too. She has a shop in her house.

But the best news of the day is this, WE ARE GOING TO DISNEYWORLD, they called to let us know Hayden's wish trip was approved. We are thinking sometime in October. The only problem, might be is this, Mark has no vacation time left from work, but he was approved for Family leave, so I'm hoping they won't give him a hard time. If they do, we won't be able to go till after the first of the year. And the person I need to ask is gone till Monday, I hate waiting all week-end. We told the kids and told them, yes we are going, but we don't know when, I don't think they really understand it all. Well I have to watch the grandkids, while they go over to the hospital to take care of Carl's butt, see ya.....

No comments: