Missing Pieces

Friday, June 15, 2007

Busy, busy, busy week..........

Well I've been trying to find time for the past 4 days to post LOL. The boys went to the Dr. on Tuesday. Dr. Anna is a very kind and warm Dr., I just love how she is with my kids. The boys are all fine, growing like weeds. She filled out the paperwork for Indiana Childrens Wish Fund for Hayden's wish. I dropped it in the mail on Tuesday too, so maybe we will hear something in a couple weeks? My sister-Linda left for Afica on Monday. This is her second trip with her church to do charity work in the orphanges oversea. She called me Tuesday night and was tired, she did have an 11 hour layover in Paris, so she was able to see some great places. She was crying about all the infant death in the area she is at. She is a pre-school teacher and has 2 kids, a son 15 and a daughter 18, she was widowed 9 years ago. She is a very sweet gal, loves kids. I know these trips help her stay balanced. She went to Brazil last year. Did some grocery shopping on Wednesday. Also picked up Wanda so she could take a shower at our house, her slum-lord still hasn't finished her bathroom. The kids and I went to Menards and picked up about 3500lbs of stuff today LOL. We got 35 retaining blocks and 20 16X16 patio blocks, 10 bags of sand, 1 piece of soffit, 2 gallons of paint. The guy who loaded me was so nice, he said he had a teaching degree and was just working there for the summer. Man we were loaded down, but the old red van did just fine LOL. The kids have been swimming every day in the pool, we haven't seen rain in over a week and it's been HOT here. Poor Trevor has swimmer ear in his right ear, he is in lots of pain and will not take pills, so out comes the suppositories, we also went and got ear plugs for him. Mark put down the rest of the retaining blocks around the play-center it looks great, we also got a nice size american flag for the play-center. I will try and post some pictures tomorrow. I bought a new bathing suit today at K-Mart, it was on sale, and it's my first 2-piece in 20+ years, doesn't look to bad LOL. And I won't be posting a picture of me in it, just so you know. Well it's getting late, need to get to bed.......

2 comments:

EquineSpirit said...

Sounds like you've been quite busy! Hope you hear back from the children's wish fund soon!! ((HUGS!!)) to you all!

Donna said...

Thanks so much, and I really want to thank you for commenting on my blog, I figure no one really cares to read it anyway LOL. Still no word from ICWF, but I know summer is a busy time for them, maybe next week. Have a great Friday.
Hugs
Donna