Missing Pieces

Sunday, June 24, 2007

I hate to paint......

It's not that I really hate painting, it's just so time consuming, but I will get to that in a minute.....We went to see Dr. C on Friday, he had never had a kid with LDD before, so I told him to Google it LOL, just like the surgeons nurse told me to. He was glad to see Hayden was doing well and his head was healing up nice. He wants us to try the carnitine in pill form this time, the last time was hell. He had to take 4 tablespoons each am and pm and he had diarrhea from hell. So I said we would try it for 2 weeks and if the diarrhea comes back, it's a no go. Hayden has a severe carnitine deficiency, this could be due to a mitochondrial disorder. This is why we are going to the metobolic clinic on July 31st.

Now back to the painting issue....we are remodeling our downstairs family room and this means new carpet and paint, new couch, tables, chair, tv stand etc. I'm putting a light brown/dark brown on the walls, there is a chair rail to seperate the two colors, I think it will look nice when done. I have had to strip off wallpaper, so it's taking some time. I have to do some repair to the walls as I go, what a pain in the ass, I wish I was rich enough to pay someone to do it LOL, but alas were not, so the work goes on. We have lived here now almost 13 years and have just about remodeled every room from roof to basement floor.
Well gotta run, 1:15 am comes early.......

2 comments:

EquineSpirit said...

Oh my! I hope the pills work without that nasty side effect! Poor guy!!

Donna said...

Thanks, but like before, the pills are not going to work, I don't know what the Dr.'s are going to do.