Missing Pieces

Sunday, June 10, 2007

The rock is down, and why oh why didn't we do that years ago....

no mud, muck, mess. We have for about 5 years now had a "intex" type pool in the back corner of the yard behind the playcenter. Well they grass around it died several years back and we have had to fight the mud, muck ever since. This year I told Mark no more, I'm tried of the mess. So we put down almost 4 tons of river rock and some nice 16 square blocks to form a type of patio around the pool. I will post pictures later. I just wish our backyard was about 20 feet longer. But it turned out nice. The kids swam yesterday from about 3:00 till 5:00 and had a ton of fun.
Our grandson Spencer is coming today to swim and the next door neighbors 3 boys, so it should be lots of fun for the kids, they love having company. Hayden didn't want to swim yesterday, he wanted to stay in the house and "watch" videos. So we let him, but today he will go outside, sometimes his disorder affects him so much, he can't play like the rest of the kids. It breaks my heart to see the other kids being normal kids in the summer. But I remind myself, this is what makes him happy...
Well I need to go an vacumn the pool, will post pictures later....



This is Hayden with his beloved Thomas Train and James Train, he swam today and had lots of fun....




This is Miss Madison, she is nothing more then a water bug.....





This is Robert Wayne, he is a big ham.......




This is Trevor Reese, this was not a "staged" photo, he really said "what mom"...



This is our grandson Spencer, who, like Miss Maddy is a water bug.....




This is the new rock and patio blocks around the pool....pretty cool

1 comment:

matchbox20girl said...

Hi! I am a fellow scrapbooker, too...and I came across your adorable blog while looking for a solution to the MUD problem that our new Intex pool is causing. You did exactly what I am considering, but I'm afraid of the gravel causing holes...do you mind telling me how you did this w/o poking a hole in your pool? It looks BEAUTIFUL!

Kim